Our Territory Managers are the anchors to Dandy Foods. Their responsibilities are to build certain geographical areas and connect with their corresponding restaurants, country clubs, camps and other facilities. Each customer is given the highest quality customer service and orders tailored specifically to their wants and needs.
Territory Managers are responsible for promoting the company’s products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help Dandy customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions, company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events. Attend and participate in general sales and district meetings.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided
- Attend department and company meetings as scheduled.
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner.
- Must be knowledgeable in all product lines in order to assist customers.
- Responsible for accurately entering customer orders in a timely manner. Verify customer number, name and delivery date.
- Ensure customer problems are handled in a timely manner and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Communicate to Transportation and Routing on variations of deliveries.
- Communicate with inventory control on product discrepancies.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent, or 5 years’ Foodservice Distribution sales experience
- 6 months of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree
- Basic PC skills
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of territory
- Valid driver’s license with a “clean” driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- Ability to read, write, speak English