This is the front of the house that keeps Dandy Foods together. We have a walk in counter at our home base in Danbury, Connecticut. As a Customer Service representative we have great phone skills and greet our walk-ins with a warm smile. Our customer service representatives have in-depth product knowledge, strong interpersonal skills and can process and fill the customers order from start to finish.
Our customer service representatives answer customers questions about products, prices, availability and product uses. They open customer accounts by recording account information. Our customer services reps maintain customer records by updating account information. They accurately Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner.
- Must be knowledgeable in all product lines in order to assist customers.
- Establish customer telephone contact in an effective and timely manner.
- Responsible for accurately entering customer orders in a timely manner. Verify customer number, name and delivery date.
- Ensure customer problems are handled in a timely manner and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Communicate to Transportation and Routing on variations of deliveries.
- Communicate with inventory control on product discrepancies.
- Expedite customer needs for Pick-ups and credit.
- Communicate regularly with Account Executive (AE) with O/S, special orders, customer issues, etc.
- Run duplicate and high-quantity reports and correct discrepancies.
- Assist Marketing Associates with pick-ups, will-calls, special orders, etc.
- Take new account leads and process to District Managers (DSM).
- Perform other duties as directed by Supervisor.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent; one or more years’ experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills
- Able to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays, as needed
- Maintain a valid Driver License
- Able to operate office equipment such as computers, telephones, facsimile machines, 10-key calculators, etc.