Our Meat Department is held to USDA standards 24/7 365 Days of the year. We follow our HACCP plan which includes: Sanitation, Temperature control, proper storage and handling of all product to the highest diligence and care. We work hard to provide the highest quality of customer relations and employee relationships. We are built on a strong team that goes through daily training to uphold all facets and ensure fresh and wholesome product is produced daily.
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products. They accurately cut to trim and yield specifications as specified by information provided by cut tickets. Provide communication to supervisor of any discrepancies between cutting tickets and normal customer purchases . The butcher pulls raw materials and pre-cut inventory according to code dates and report any short shelf life times. Sanitary precautions are first priority to us and our customers. Our Butchers properly label all products to conform to USDA and safety regulations. They accurately count product inventory levels and maintain levels set forth by the supervisor. Our butchers make sure that the work areas are in compliance with USDA guidelines. The butcher is responsible for managing profitability by achieving product yields and meeting deadlines for product readiness.
The meat cutter is responsible for the cutting and processing of custom orders and standard inventory items.
- Properly and accurately record all necessary data to produce assigned cutting yield tests.
- Accurately count product inventory levels and maintain levels set forth by supervisor.
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
- Maintain work areas in compliance with U.S.D.A. guidelines.
- Assemble and tear down any equipment in work area at the beginning and/or end of your shift.
- Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc. assigned to you.
- Manage profitability by achieving product yields and meeting deadlines for product readiness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illnesses to my supervisor immediately.
- Prior experience with portion cutting meat.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
- Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-60 pounds. Standing, bending and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to navigate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. Color vision is required. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary. The ability to smell is required, in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage.
- This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas. These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area.
Prior experience with portion cutting meat. Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.